Thursday, November 8, 2007

What is drifting about?

A picture my say thousand words, but a video may say everything!


"taken from Drifting 2.0"

As seen from the video, drifting is making your car slide into corner, with style!

Quote from Drift.com.my, by ZeE
"Drifting is actually getting your car side ways around a series of curves or even one curve in a controlled manner. Different people explain it differently, I would call it a drift as long the car stays side way from the entry for a turn and all the way out(sideways) all on tarmac roads.

What I mean side ways is the rear losing tracking and the front wheel counter steering holding to its dear life. The steering is pointing to the direction your car is going, while the nose points to the inner part for the turn. (Counter steering) To add to the complexity you can actually link turns while drifting by using weight transfer to flip the car to the other direction which will require a good steering input."

For me, drifting is about controlling, about passion. It makes me feel hot, feel crazy and feel alive!

Any drifter out there?Glad to see you :)

No comments: